BMB-Agroklaster subsidiary was established in 2021 to facilitate creation of value chains in the fruit and vegetable sector in Arnasay, Gallaorol and Sh.Rashidov districts of Jizzak oblast, production of quality and competitive fruits and vegetables, export stability. a fruit and vegetable cluster (cooperation) is implemented to ensure integration of production, maintenance, processing, storage and sale (export) processes, to expand financial opportunities for producers, and to improve competitiveness of products.
The main objectives of the project are growing and processing of carrots, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, melons and cucurbits grown in the area, systematic organization of export of fruits and vegetables, the relationship between producers and exporters through the introduction of a cluster system in the network to set it up properly:
- combine the processes of growing, processing and marketing of agricultural products in a single chain;
- joint activities of cluster and cooperative cultivation, primary and deep processing, storage and sale of demanded agricultural products;
- development of consulting, agronomic, phytosanitary, marketing services in the field of production, processing and agribusiness, as well as the creation of a research organization that fully meets modern requirements;
- creating a value-added chain in agriculture and exporting products;
- increasing the competitiveness of agricultural products on domestic and foreign markets through the use of innovative technologies;
- ensuring food security in the territory.
- creation of new jobs.
The initial phase of the project (in 2022) covered 6,420 hectares of land in Arnasay, Sharof Rashidov and Gallaorol districts. The fruit and vegetable cluster (cooperative) will be able to grow crops on the allotted land plot and process them for export-oriented field production of finished products.
To date, the fruit and vegetable cluster has provided permanent jobs for about 30 employees, and it employs over 700 people for seasonal work. When the project reaches full capacity, about 1,000 permanent and more than 6,000 seasonal jobs will be created.
In the Gallaoral District:
- garlic is grown on 100 acres of land;
- potatoes are grown on 100 acres of land;
- tomatoes are grown in a cooperative on 50 acres of land;
- bell peppers are grown on 50 hectares of land on a cooperative basis;
- initial fruit and vegetable warehouse for 1,000 tons (capacity will be gradually increased);
- on 500 hectares of land are gradually planted walnut plantations using water-saving technology;
- walnut processing capacity;
- the power of deep processing of fruits and vegetables.
In Sharof Rashidov district:
- modern greenhouse (tomatoes and sweet peppers) on 20 hectares of land using Dutch technology;
- pulses are grown on 3000 ha of land on a cooperative basis;
- tomatoes are grown in the cooperative on 10 hectares of land;
- bell peppers are grown on 10 hectares of land on a cooperative basis.
In Arnasay district:
- export-oriented melon varieties are grown on 300 hectares of land on a cooperative basis;
- export-oriented varieties of watermelons are grown on 100 ha of land on a cooperative basis;
- sunflowers are grown on 100 hectares of land;
- legumes are grown on 2,000 hectares of land on a cooperative basis.
Under the agreement, cluster members will be provided with farm machinery services, fuel and lubricants, fertilizers, seeds and seedlings, as well as chemical protection means. Conducts monitoring of agro-technical activities on the lands of cluster participants. Agro-engineering, accounting, consulting, intermediary and other services, as well as qualified agronomists, entomologists and laboratory specialists from abroad will be provided to cluster participants.
In the course of the project implementation, a modern machine and tractor fleet will be created through the creation and development of ICC activities:
- providing mechanization and maintenance of farms and dehkan farms in the cluster (cooperative) system, contributes to the wide coverage of agricultural land with necessary equipment;
- further increase the level of technical equipment of agriculture through the creation, renovation and modernization of the fleet of agricultural machinery, ensuring timely and quality performance of agricultural works.
- the acquisition and use of this agricultural and special equipment will reduce costs for the processing of agricultural products, increase productivity, reduce the overall cost of repairs and maintenance, expand the scale and scope of economic activity, and increase its competitiveness.
One of the main objectives of the project is to organize cluster (cooperative) activities based on scientific research.
As our President emphasized, the scientific approach to agriculture should be in the permanent focus, and only then it is possible to achieve high yields. In this regard, in the process of project implementation, work will be carried out in cooperation with scientific institutions.
For this purpose, under the cluster (cooperative) system, a Scientific and Practical Council for cultivation, processing and expertise of agricultural products will be established.
Increasing requirements for the quality and safety of products on the world market require additional measures to strengthen the position of domestic products on international markets.
For this purpose, the Institute of Chemistry and Physics of Polymers of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, the Institute of Microbiology, the Institute of Genetics and Experimental Biology of Plants and the Research Institute of Vegetables, Melon Crops and Potatoes are working to improve soil fertility and product quality.
The subsidiary company is developing systems of production, regulation and coordination of products in accordance with the requirements of international standards of agricultural production, improving the quality and safety of agricultural products, expanding export geography, as well as full use of the potential of organic production.
Laboratories for soil analysis of land plots, biotechnology and plant protection, breeding and gourds and vegetable seed production, plant genetics, professional training center for qualified scientists will be established, and fields will be staffed by qualified specialists.